“Social” is a critical aspect of any small business strategy. The problem is that many resources that discuss social media are written from the perspective of its tools and do not necessarily cover useful business strategies.
Bogged-down in complex technical discussions, small business managers end up turning away from social media because they simply don’t see how it applies to their business, or, don’t understand how it’ll provide any real value to their customers.
Sure, many business managers would agree that social media seems valuable, but how do you measure its benefits? Without the technical mumbo-jumbo, how does it contribute to competitive advantage? What are the driving forces behind social media? What are some practical ways to leverage social media to extend value to customers? Are there financial returns? Is there a planning process to running a social media campaign? How can a small business start using social media effectively tomorrow?
Simple Social Media was written for the small business manager in mind, to both confront these problems and to provide a practical understanding of the strategies behind social media lend to real, material benefits.
- Paperback: 146 pages
- Style: Black and White on White Paper
- Publisher: CreateSpace (January 16, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1456556320
- ISBN-13: 978-1456556327
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.8 ounces
- Price: $15.00 Amazon Paperback | $5.00 Amazon Kindle | $.99 ePub Flat File
BISAC: Business & Economics / E-Commerce / Internet Marketing
Books / Business & Investing / Marketing & Sales / Web Marketing
Books / Computers & Internet / Business & Culture / Blogging & Blogs
What You’ll Learn
- How social media is a grassroots evolution of media
- Why social media is democratizing traditional power and diminishing institutional power
- Why democratizing media offers competitive advantages for small business
- The driving, transformational forces behind social media shaping consumer expectations
- An introduction to the kinds of technologies employed by social media
- How to use these technologies to relate ideas, words, and concepts to your brand
- How to build traffic to your Destination through the use of social networks
- Metrics: Traditional, Web Metrics, Social Networking Metrics, Average Customer Lifetime Value (ACLV)
- How to use metrics to legitimize social media and to demonstrate real business results
- Why it’s valuable to plan and assign roles and responsibilities to tasks
- The importance of storytellers and stories
- How social media can be executed in cycles to address multiple aspects of a small business
- How social media campaigns establish a paper trail for demonstrating practical success
- How plans are used as political instruments to garner confidence and positively impact opinion
- Why a Social Networking Strategy is Important
- Facebook Facts
- What’s Your Core Competency?
- Getting Measurable Results from IT Spending?
- Do You Trust Me?
- Social Media Ain’t Private
- Your Own Celebrity
- Without Search, Are You Real?
- How to Bring More Visitors to Your Blog
- Facebook Pages vs. Profiles
- How to Link-in Like a Pro
- What’s a Facebook Friend Worth?
- How to Use Facebook Insights User Dashboard
- 8 Strategic Values from Technology Investments
- How Can I Re-Engineer a Business Process?
- A Social Media Campaign Planner for Small Business